The Longdown Gardening Club organise regular talks given by visiting speakers on aspects of gardening and wildlife. During the summer months visits are arranged to various gardens, often from the National Open Gardens scheme.
There is also a summer ‘open gardens’ visit to 2 or 3 members’ gardens followed by a cream tea. The club organises a village flower and produce show which is held in the Longdown Village Hall in late summer.
When and Where
We meet 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm in the Longdown Village Hall between September and April. During December and January our meeting is a lunch get together.
Our Annual General Meeting is held in May.
- Wednesday 18th September – Mr Chris Woodward “The Road to Chelsea RHS Show”
- Wednesday 16th October – Mr J Collins “Chrysanthemums Growing and Showing”
- Wednesday 20th November – Mr Tim Payne “City Bees”
- Wednesday 19th February – Mrs Janet East “Our Farm at Yellingham”
- Wednesday 18th March – Caradoc Doy “The Story of Veich Orchids”
- Wednesday 15th April – TBA
There are no membership fees. However, we make a small charge for talks of £2.50, reduced to £1.50 for social club members.
Entrance fees apply for any visits to gardens.
For further information please contact Sue Mansfield on 01392 811816