Opened in 1903, the Longdown Railway Station was built as part of the Teign Valley Railway Line, located between Ide Halt and Dunsford Halt. The station was at its busiest in the 1930s with seven daily services between Exeter and Heathfield. The line operated during World War II, albeit with a reduced number of trains and was used as a diversionary route when the South Devon main line was unavailable. The line and station were closed in 1958.
During the warmer months, it is possible to join a walk and tour of the station with local railway historian Mark Chambers and Charles Eden.
Ticket sales from the walks are donated towards the upkeep of the Longdown Village Hall.