Recycling and Waste collections are operated by Teignbridge District Council. During a normal period they collection from various areas in the parish on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Our bin collections are normally very reliable, but if you think your bin has been missed then feel free to report it within 48 hours of your collection day.
For further information regarding your waste and recycling collections, garden waste, ordering bins and a lot more please visit the Teignbridge District Council Recycling and Waste website.
Christmas Collection Dates 2019
The collection days are revised as follows over the Christmas and New Year period.
|Normal Date||Revised Date|
|Mon 23rd Dec||As normal|
|Weds 25th Dec||Fri 27th Dec|
|Thurs 26th Dec||Sat 28th Dec|
|Mon 30th Dec||Tues 31st Dec|
|Weds 1st Jan||Fri 3rd Jan|
|Thurs 2nd Jan||Sat 4th Jan|
|Mon 6th Jan||Tues 7th Jan|
|Weds 8th Jan||Thurs 9th Jan|
|Thurs 9th Jan||Fri 10th Jan|
If they are unable to collect from you on the dates shown above, please leave your bins and boxes out until they are emptied. They will get to you as soon as possible.
What can I recycle at Christmas?
Teignbridge collect more waste than normal over Christmas and the new year. Please consider reducing, reusing and recycling wherever possible.
- you can recycle your foil in your black box including all your foil mince pie cases and cream tub foil lids.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept wrapping paper in your reusable sack.
- wrapping made of paper can be recycled from home as part of your cardboard collection, using your green recycling box, or taken to any of our cardboard recycling banks.
- shiny wrapping contains plastic and cannot be recycled, please put this in your black general waste bin
- Christmas cards that do not contain foil or glitter can be recycled from home as part of your cardboard collection using your green recycling box
- Christmas cards that contain foil or glitter or any other material cannot be recycled and should be placed in your black general waste bin for disposal
- all cardboard can be recycled using your green recycling box. Please make sure that your cardboard is folded or flattened to fit inside your box.
- large boxes that have been folded may still be too big to fit inside the opening on the collection lorry and will not be collected.
- food waste can be recycled in your food waste container
- we collect a lot of food waste over Christmas, please see our love food hate waste this Christmas for tips on how to reduce your food waste this Christmas
Real Christmas trees
- Real Christmas trees can be recycled at any of our drop off points in January, or they can be taken to one of Devon’s Recycling Centres for free.
- Garden waste subscribers can place real Christmas trees inside their green bin provided the branches are less than 10cm thick. Christmas trees left outside of green bins will not be taken. Please remember to remove all decorations!