Longdown is lucky enough to have a large village hall at its centre. The hall is used by many groups on a regular basis as well private and public social events.
Since it was opened in 1971 the hall has been extended and updated but is now in need of some modernisation to ensure the hall serves the community well into the future.
Almost two years ago the Village Hall Management Committee started a project to redesign the Bar, Skittle Alley, Meeting Room and Kitchen spaces.
The detailed plans were shared with the community in March 2022 and were well received by all those who attended the presentation of the committee’s plans.
As this is a large project we are approaching the work in a phased approach and for the first phase we plan to modernise the following areas:
- Refurbish the existing lounge/meeting room into a new meeting room with presentation facilities and seating/tables to suit presentations, talks and group meetings
- Creation of a new ticket office in the front foyer to support our more popular events and performances
- Refurbishment of foyer and entrance hall
- Installation of a new DDA Toilet and Baby Changing Facility
- Upgrade the existing Ladies and Gents toilets
Register your support
This is a large project and so we need to apply for some grant funding to complete the first phase. Our grant application will only be successful if we have the support of the local community and those who use the hall.
If you would like to show your support then please complete this form: